Food trucks are sweeping the nation, becoming more popular than ever before. Although such trucks used to be associated with cheap yet convenient food, many Indianapolis food trucks offer gourmet options from some of the best chefs in the region, if not the country.
Hop in your new Honda and visit some of the best food trucks around Indianapolis. According to the Indy A-List, there are five trucks in particular that you will want to visit time and time again. These include the following:
5. Chef Dan’s Southern Comfort – This truck was nominated as Best Food Truck in the area, offering good eats from down south. You get Mississippi Delta and Louisiana Bayou flavors, including authentic Cajun spices.
— Scratchtruck (@scratchtruck) August 22, 2014
4. scratchtruck – Yes, it’s all in lowercase. This truck was nominated for having the Best Food Truck, Best New American Cuisine, and Best Burger. If you want classic American food, you’ll love scratchtruck.
3. Gaucho’s Fire – As a nominee for Best Food Truck, this place has the best Brazilian food around. Also a catering service, Gaucho’s is known for spicy and complex dishes.
2. BEAST – with an award-winning burger and a nomination for Best Food Truck, you can get gourmet burgers, hand-cut fries, beer-cheese dip, and more.
— Pierogi L❤ve Indy (@Pierogiloveindy) June 5, 2016
1. Pierogi Love Indy – As the winner of the Best Food Truck award, this truck is most famous for its hot dogs. You can get hand-pinched pierogies and tasty hot dogs on the go.
These are just some of the most popular food trucks in the Indianapolis area. If you want some truly inspired cooking, you only need to stop by one today!